Macdonald Campus Athletics & Recreation
Macdonald Campus Athletics and Recreation is hiring and attendant/guide to work at the Mac Paddle Shack. Located on the Mac Campus in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, the soon to be installed Paddle Shack will rent stand up paddle boards, kayaks and canoes to the general public and the Mac community as well as offering group and private instruction on how to paddle.
Qualified and interested candidates please send a c.v. and cover letter to the attention of Mac Athletics.
Closing date: June 22, 2017
The attendant will facilitate the rental program; deal with patrons, allocate the equipment and ensure that all safety protocols and program procedures are followed. Must possess the ability to teach paddling in a relaxed, clear and confident manner in English and French to a variety of participants. Has a firm understanding of the skills necessary to teach basic paddling (SUP experience necessary, kayak, canoe).
Dates: July 1 to September 3, 2017 as required with possibility of being extended
- Checks in patrons and ensures payment has been made
- Gets equipment ready for all patrons (boat, lifejacket and paddle)
- Ensures that patrons adhere to all safety protocols and program procedures
- Confirms all equipment handed out is in good working condition
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the program and schedule
- Guides the intro to paddling courses when people sign up
- Certification or specialized training in paddle sports (stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing)
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- French and English spoken
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Openings: Shift 1 - Sat 14:30-20:30 and Shift 2 - Sat 9:30-17:30
$13.75/hour ($15/hour for Guiding classes) - plus 4% vacation pay and 3.6% statutory holiday indemnity
Paddle Board Yoga & SUP Fitness Instructors
Possess the ability to teach paddle board yoga and/or paddleboard fitness in a relaxed, clear and confident manner in English and French to a variety of participants. CPR certification. Proven experience required. Classes will be given based on availability and registration for the course.
Hourly wage: $38.50/hour - plus 4% vacation pay and 3.6% statutory holiday indemnity
Dates: July 1 - September 3, 2017 as required with possibility of being extended