The Mac Fitness Centre and Gymnasium Reopen March 26
The Fitness Centre and gymnasium will re-open as of March 26. Due to public health regulations only certain recreational sports and activities (individual training, singles badminton, shooting hoops and use of the punching bag) are available. We're operating at a limited capacity, so students and gym members need to book their workouts/activities in advance. Check the gym schedule for details and below for more info.
We remain committed to our mission to safely deliver the best quality services to keep our McGill community fit, active and safe!
Continue to follow us on Facebook for updates.
WHICH FACILITIES ARE OPEN?
The Mac Fitness Centre and gymnasium Macdonald campus will open on March 26, 2021.
WHAT ACTIVITIES CAN I PARTICIPATE IN?
In addition to working out in the Fitness Centre, singles badminton, shooting hoops (one person per basket), use of the punching bag.
DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE A FITNESS CENTRE MEMBERSHIP TO USE THE FACILITIES?
McGill Students: Access to the Fitness Centres at both campuses until the end of the semester (April 30) is included as part the Athletics fee associated with your tuition. No additional payment is required.
Non-McGill students including McGill staff and the general public: Memberships will be sold on a monthly basis at a discounted rate, and can be purchased online at http://macdonaldcampusathletics.ca/memberships/gen-info-how-to-buy-a-membership.
Please contact Client Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514-398-7789 for more information. Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. By appointment only.
HOW DO I RESERVE TIME IN THE FITNESS CENTRE AND GYM?
Login to Athletics and Recreation’s online booking service, and follow the steps below:
· Click on Book your workout
· Category: Mac Fitness Centre (Macdonald Campus) or Mac Indoor Rec (badminton, shooting hoops, punching bag)
· Select the date and time and click on enroll (bookings are limited to 90-minute blocks)
WHAT SAFETY PROCEDURES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED TO ENSURE A SAFE WORKOUT?
- You need to reserve a 90-minute block online in order to use the Fitness Centre or participate in any of the rec activities
- You need your McGill ID or membership card to access the building.
- Each member may only book one reservation per day.
- You must wear a procedural mask while circulating throughout the facility including the Fitness Centre and gym. If you don’t have a procedural mask, we will provide one as you enter the building.
- You can remove your mask during high intensity aerobic workouts only. In the free weight and heavy weight section, because it’s difficult to respect a physical distance of two meters, you must wear a mask at all times. Do not approach a strength or cardio machine occupied by another person until they have moved on.
- Every exerciser is asked to pick up one of the supplied spray bottles and use it to clean the equipment after use. Please keep the same spray bottle throughout your 90-minute workout. The spray bottles will be cleaned in between each training block.
- In most cases we are using an “every other machine” policy, so no two people are exercising side-by-side. We’ve also instituted limits to the number of people training in certain zones, please see the signage posted on-site.
- Members must stay two meters away from each other at all times while in the building - members who live in the same household are exempt.
- Before and after each activity or use of an exercise machine, members must disinfect their hands and machine with the supplied spray bottle before moving on to the next activity or exercise machine. We highly recommend members bring their own hand sanitizer.
CAN I USE THE LOCKERS ROOMS & SHOWERS?
We’re following a strict, GET IN. TRAIN. GET OUT. policy, which means coming dressed to workout and leaving as soon as your workout is over. The bathrooms in the locker rooms are available for use, but lockers and showers are closed. Bathrooms are not to be used as a changing room. Please use your supplied spray bottle to clean all touch points after using the bathrooms.
HOW DO I ENTER THE SPORTS COMPLEX?
As with other McGill buildings, the Mac Stewart Athletics Complex doesn’t have an open-door policy. Enter and exit one person at a time through our front door and check in with the gym staff. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled reservation block and stay distanced from others waiting to enter and exit the building.
DO I NEED TO BRING A TOWEL?
Please bring your own towel to workout with. We will only be providing small towels for wiping down machines.