UPDATE - SPORTS, RECREATION AND FITNESS IN THE YELLOW ZONE
We're the YELLOW phase of Quebec's gradual re-opening strategy. Here's what it means for recreation inside and out:
- Outside sports, recreation and fitness activities limited to 12 people unsupervised/25 people supervised.
- Light contact allowed outside only as defined by "contact lasting a few seconds and infrequent are allowed. The cumulative amount of these close contacts per person should be less than 15 minutes a day". This means doubles tennis, badminton, pickleball is okay as are light contact sports like soccer and volleyball.
- Indoor sports, recreation and fitness activities limted to 12 people - no physical contact. Doubles badminton and pickleball allowed - with masks
- Masks in the Fitness Centre now only need to be worn while moving around the facility but not while on individual pieces of equipment.
- Pre-registration is still necessary for all indoor activities - including using the Fitness Centre.
- League play can start. Varsity sports and league play must follow the guidelines specific to their provincial sport organizations.
- Showers remain closed. Please come dressed to workout.