The Mac Fitness Centre will reopen June 7. As per public health guidelines you must pre-register for your workouts and wear a mask at all times when you are in the Sports Complex and during your Fitness Centre workouts. Students and gym members need to book their 90-minute workouts on-line.
DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE A FITNESS CENTRE MEMBERSHIP TO USE THE FACILITIES?
During the summer months (May 1 - August 31) McGill students, staff, alumni and members of the general public must purchase a 30-day membership to use the facilites, which include the gymnasium and Fitness Centre.
McGill Community: $30 for 30 days
Non-McGill community: $40 for 30 days
Please e-mail Client Services or call 514-398-7789 for more information. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m and 8:00 - 12:00 pm on weekends (starting June 7).
HOW DO I RESERVE TIME IN THE FITNESS CENTRE AND GYM?
Login to Athletics and Recreation’s online booking service, and follow the steps below:
· Click on Book your workout
· Category: Mac Fitness Centre (Macdonald Campus) or Mac Indoor Rec (badminton, shooting hoops, punching bag)
· Select the date and time and click on enroll (bookings are limited to 90-minute blocks)
Mac Sports Complex Hours of Operation (as of June 7)
8:30 am - 7:00 pm weekdays
8:00 am - 12:00 pm weekends
WHAT SAFETY PROCEDURES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED TO ENSURE A SAFE WORKOUT?
- You need to reserve a 90-minute block online in order to use the Fitness Centre or participate in any of the rec activities
- You need your McGill ID or membership card to access the building.
- Each member may only book one reservation per day.
- You must wear a procedural mask while circulating to and from your workout area and while working out in the Fitness Centre and the gym. If you don’t have a procedural mask, we will provide one as you enter the building.
- Every exerciser is asked to pick up one of the supplied spray bottles and use it to clean the equipment after use. Please keep the same spray bottle throughout your 90-minute workout. The spray bottles will be cleaned in between each training block.
- In most cases we are using an “every other machine” policy, so no two people are exercising side-by-side. We’ve also instituted limits to the number of people training in certain zones, please see the signage posted on-site.
- Members must stay two meters away from each other at all times while in the building - members who live in the same household are exempt.
- Before and after each activity or use of an exercise machine, members must disinfect their hands and machine with the supplied spray bottle before moving on to the next activity or exercise machine. We highly recommend members bring their own hand sanitizer.
CAN I USE THE LOCKERS ROOMS & SHOWERS?
We’re following a strict, GET IN. TRAIN. GET OUT. policy, which means coming dressed to workout and leaving as soon as your workout is over. The bathrooms in the locker rooms are available for use, but lockers and showers are closed. Bathrooms are not to be used as a changing room. Please use your supplied spray bottle to clean all touch points after using the bathrooms.
HOW DO I ENTER THE SPORTS COMPLEX?
Enter and exit one person at a time through our front door and check in with the gym staff. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled reservation block and stay distanced from others waiting to enter and exit the building.
DO I NEED TO BRING A TOWEL?
Please bring your own towel to workout with. We will only be providing small towels for wiping down machines.