Top Tips to Registering On-Line
Top Tips to Registering On-Line
1. FINDING THE LINK - Look for the correct link to on-line services on the front page of the Mac Athletics and Recreation website www.macdonaldcampusathletics. Community and McGill Alumni members have their own distinct link to enter On-Line Services. Links for McGill students and staff can also be found on the McGill portal (myMcGill).
2. HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD READY – All on-line services accept payment by credit card (Visa and Mastercard) only. If you don’t have a credit card, purchase your services at the Mac Athletics office where payment by cash, cheque or debit card is accepted. When prompted for CVV2 authorization, key in the last 3 digits of the numbers displayed in the signature area on the back of the card).
3. BUYING A MEMBERSHIP – Click on Memberships/Programs and look for the Mac logo and Mac Memberships. Choose the appropriate membership type and length of term and click on View Programs. Verify that the membership type is correct and click on Add to Cart. Proceed to finalize payment.
Newly admitted McGill students will acquire access rights to On-Line Services two-weeks prior to the official start of classes.
During the fall and winter semesters all McGill students are members of the Mac Sports Complex and Fitness Centre by default . Through the spring and summer months however, full-time McGill students must purchase a membership in order to gain access to the Mac Sports Complex.
Staff can choose between a12 or one month term online. Additional terms are available through the Mac Athletics office.
Please note that memberships are updated nightly, so there may be a 24 hour delay before your ID card reflects your newly acquired membership.
For all updated membership policies and prices visit General Membership Rates.
4. MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS – Due to limitations in the program the posted start and end dates of the monthly membership choices begin at the first of the month (ie: September 1, October 1 etc). Rest assured however that within 24-hours your membership will be re-calculated correctly based on the date you registered and the length of term you chose.
5. RENTING A LOCKER – Click on Account Info/Lockers and View/Rent Locker and Rent a Locker. Scroll through Locker Category and choose Mac Athletic Complex. Choose Auto Assign Locker Number . Make note of your locker number and click on the button Session/Session Start/End Date/Rental Start/End Date/Expiration Date. Choose Add to Cart and continue through to complete payment.
6. REGISTRATION FOR FITNESS AND RECREATION CLASSES – Click on Memberships/Programs and select the appropriate category. Look for the Mac logo and choose Mac Courses for evening fitness classes and Mac Staff Fitness for the lunch-time classes. Click on View Detail for more info or Add to Cart if you're ready to pay. Proceed through the payment process. You will receive an e-mail confirming your successful registration.
7. REGISTRATION FOR INTRAMURALS – New information pending.....
8. A $1,000.00 MISTAKE – If you are faced with a $1,000.00 price tag, don’t panic. It means you’re where you’re not supposed to be. Non-members who try to get a member's rate will be assessed a $1,000.00 fee. Go back and choose the appropriate membership type and try again.
9. WHAT ISN’T AVAILABLE ON LINE?– Refunds and some membership types and terms are only sold/processed in the Mac Athletics office. Other services like buying a day pass must be done at the Mac Athletics office. Updating your personal information must be done through Minerva.
10. STILL HAVING TROUBLE? - Feel free to contact the office during business hours if you have any questions 514 398 7789.